So I think this is good news. At least it's not bad news. I am looking forward to a happy and healthy KK. Her mood has been absolutely terrible lately and it's completely exhausting. I guess I shouldn't take her "healthy" days for granted anymore.
October 11, 2010
Update on Asthma
We took KK back to Dr. Campbell on Friday for an ear check and an asthma update. Her ears were still infected, but much better than the week before. Her lungs weren't clear though, so she got put on an antibiotic for that. Hopefully she'll clear up soon! Poor thing hasn't been "healthy" in quite some time (unfortunately neither has our household). We are back on the original steroid and doing treatments 2-3 times a day (not sure how I feel about this steroid). Since KK is still coughing, I was a bit concerned but Dr. C said that since the cough is now "productive" that it's a step in the right direction. You know, I ask all these questions and she answers them all, but by the time I get home, I forget everything that she said. I just figure the doc knows best and I just do as she says. Part of me feels like "questioning" her method is rude, so I tend to keep "self diagnosis questions" (read: google questions) to myself. We have a few other appointments ahead of us, so once we get news on those issues I will let you all know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You are totally entitled to ask your questions to doctors. It is your kid in their hands. I would ask away.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way. I never want to question the docotr. But I have heard so many stories about annoying parents that wouldn't give up and turns out their instinct was right. We need to be advocates for our children, in health and education. I am calling early intervention this week to do a speech eval