VERTUCCIO FARMS
Our Happy Little Family
We decided to meet up with Jenny and Maddy for a little play session at their casa beforehand. Once again, we tried to get the girls to pose together for a cute picture but to no avail.
Srlsly KK, just show me your teeth!
To cheer KK up, Maddy got out her super fly rocking horse and KK went to town.
Santa might have to invest in one of these bad boys!
Afterwards, daddy found the Reddy Wip in the fridge and gave KK a squirt. I thought it was the coolest thing to get "squirts" out of the can as a kid and now so does KK. She kept on signing more! I can't blame her! That stuff is yumms!
We headed out to the pumpkin patch at Vertuccio Farms down the street from Jenny's house.
Friends and Family
The girls
Just like I've always wanted, KK went all tomboy on me and went to town in the dirty and hay! She kept on grabbing handfuls of dirt/hay and putting it in the wagon...and then would take it out. I loved seeing her get all dirty.
Getting Dirty
I wish I felt better because they had a petting zoo and bounce house too. Maybe we'll try take 3 this weekend. KK's friend Charley is headed to the pumpkin patch at the Botanical Gardens so we may join her.
Okay, now time to breakdown the drama that is my life...
I have a bad habit of not letting myself heal/rest completely and boy oh boy, this was one huge lesson learned. Even as a gymnast, when I would get hurt, I would often convince myself that I was healed just so I could get back in the gym sooner. Again, not a good idea at all, but hey, that's just who I am. Pretty much for the entire summer, I've been having crazy sneezing spells and have been congested and all that jazz. I don't have any allergies that I know of, but I chalked it up to some sort of allergy and brushed it off. About 3 weeks ago, I got what I thought was a sinus infection, took a couple days off from the gym and figured that would be enough to heal me. Unfortunately I never healed and things just kept on getting worse and with everything that was going on with KK, I brushed it off and didn't take care of myself. Last weekend I wasn't feeling so hot in Yucca, but my stomach was bothering me, not my head. I just figured it was a stomach bug. Well all week long I kept on battling a super duper upset tummy and my sinuses. On Wednesday, KK had her EEG scheduled and I woke up feeling like absolute crap, so I decided to take the day off work and try to get some rest and get everything with KK taken care of. That night I couldn't sleep because of the extreme facial pain and literally got about 2 hours of sleep. Thursday I again felt like crap and my face was absolutely killing me. Like srlsy! I hadn't felt pain like that ever in my life and it was most definitely a 10 on a pain scale. I once again, did not sleep that night. I went to bed at 6pm and just couldn't get comfy enough to fall asleep. I then got some antibiotics called in for me and experimented with the neti pot (that was unique) and Friday morning I headed to work in so much pain that I was getting dizzy and sick to my stomach again. Work sent me home and so I came home and laid in bed all day long, again, didn't sleep that night...and laid around all day Saturday until right before we had to meet up at Jenny's. I had cabin fever like no other and knew it would be good to get out of the house. Like I mentioned above, the pain in my face was so severe that I just laid on the couch at Jenny's and she gave me a facial massage (which temporarily helped). We left their house early and headed home. On the drive home I told Ty that I needed to go to the hospital. I got home and chickened out. I have this huge fear of doctor's telling me that I'm being a baby and nothing is wrong with me, so I tend to wait too long to get help. After not being able to sleep last night, I decided to go to the ER this morning because I could not handle being in pain any longer. I got there and they did a CT scan on my head and sure enough, I wasn't being a baby. The doctor came in and was like you have SEVERE and I mean SEVERE acute sinusitis. He asked how my pain was and I said a 10 and then I started getting some relief in the form of happy drugs. We started with Vicodin...didn't do anything. Then 800 mg of ibuprofen...again no relief. Two percocets...very little relief. Next was IV antibiotics. Then they got out the big guns and gave me 4mg of morphine. That brought my pain down to about a 5 or 6 but my head was still throbbing and my stomach was upset so I got several different forms of anti nausea medicine (both oral and through the IV). The doc called the on call ENT and decided to give me some nasal spray and injected me with steroids.
I had SO much stuff injected through this IV today! Leave it to me to take pictures for the blog. :)
After that I was finally comfortable and turned on the tv and watched some football.
The doctor came in, wrote me a ton of prescriptions and home I came and off I went to la la land (zzzzzzzz) for the BEST. NAP. EVER!!!! Meanwhile my Raiders ended up losing despite wearing my Raiders shirt to the hospital. I thought for sure that would bring them luck. Now Ty has bragging rights around the house because his 9ers beat my Raiders TWICE this season! URGH. Whatevs, we still have a better record.
As I type this I am so thankful to NOT feel pain. I forgot what it was like to just feel normal. I also learned that I probably shouldn't wait so long to go see a doctor, and more importantly, let myself HEAL next time before jumping back into my hectic life.
In closing, here are more pictures of our little punkin face! LOVE HER!






omg!!!!! That is all I have to say. My drama doesn't even compare. Hope you are feeling better and getting some more naps in!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, if you had just gone to the dr when you first felt sick a z-pack would have knocked that sinus infection out. I get them all the time. I just call the dr. I don't even have to go in. Fell better. Where are the bows from???
ReplyDeleteSorry peanut, if I had realized you felt that bad I would've insisted on postponing our play date to another day! Glad you got checked out though.
ReplyDelete