October 3, 2010

Bountiful Basket Bliss

I'm a big fan of fresh fruits and veggies and have made an effort to make sure KK eats healthy. I'm trying to teach her healthy habits. Growing up, I didn't eat sugar, and rarely did I eat junk food. That's mostly because I was required to eat healthy as a gymnast, but nonetheless, it taught me how to live a healthy lifestyle. Still to this day, I rarely eat sweets and prefer fresh fruits and veggies over processed foods. Typically I buy my produce at Costco. I've never had any problems with Costco produce, and in fact, I think it's great because it lasts forever! But my friend Amanda told me about a local produce co-op called Bountiful Baskets. You pay $15 and get 50% fruits and 50% veggies. I also added the weekly special, the "Italian Pack for an extra $7.50.

Here are the fruits I got.
(Apples, tomatoes, plums, cantaloupe, strawberries, grapes and bananas)

Here are the veggies I got.
(yellow onion, red onion, eggplant, zucchini, basil, rosemary, oregano, flat parsley, cauliflower, garlic, potatoes, artichokes, red peppers and mushrooms)


I'm so excited to experiment with all this produce. I love cooking and cannot wait to share my culinary experiments with KK.

No comments:

Post a Comment