October 31, 2010

Halloween

Halloween didn't feel like Halloween this year. I was sick the entire month of October. We had drama with KK. Pumpkin patches weren't as successful as I had imagined (both my fault and KK's) and to top it off, I had food poisoning the day of my spooky cocktail party.

I was done trying to make Halloween happen. KK had a party at her school and Ty's school had a fall festival so she had her fair share of Halloween festivities this year. When Halloween itself came I went to dress KK in her costume and realized that I left it at her school. Ugh. Figures. So I dressed her up in a Halloween shirt and let her stay up late to greet the trick or treaters and yes...wait for it....wait for it...have a piece of candy. You all know how AGAINST sugar/candy I am. Everyone judges me for it and thinks I'm crazy, controlling, depriving KK of her childhood (I've heard it all) but I don't care. I'm stubborn as an ox and I stick to my beliefs (ridiculous or not). I do not want to give my child candy, especially this young. I don't have any qualms about other parents giving their kids candy, it's just my preference with my child. Life (unfortunately) is about compromise, so Ty won this battle and KK got to pick out one piece of candy. Ughhhhh it makes me cringe typing it. The worst part? She picked out an Almond Joy. Gross KK, just gross. Couldn't you pick out a Kit Kat or something? She kept on signing "more" and saying "mmmmmmm good!" That was kinda cute.

I'm still not giving up this "no candy" battle (sorry Ty!). My mom tricked me into thinking fruit was candy, and that tactic worked for YEARS (like up until high school). As far as I was concerned "candy" hurt my teeth so that's why I didn't eat it. To be honest, it still does hurt my teeth. Maybe it's mental...maybe not...but I never once felt deprived as a kid because I didn't eat candy. In fact, my friends loved me because I would go trick-or-treating and give my candy to my friends.

Okay...enough ranting about candy. You all probably think I'm crazy! On to the pictures!

Pepper wore her costume. What a cute pumpkin she is. :)

KK's ready to help pass out candy.

She kept on saying "uh-oh" when the kids would knock on the door.

Here is KK watching Dora in what used to be the man cave, but now the KK cave.

For some reason she wouldn't stop trying to "fix" her shoe. I blame the sugar rush!

It was a nice Halloween but I cannot wait until next year so we can take her trick or treating!

1 comment: