So we got a prescription for omnicef and moved on to the coughing situation. Long story short, we now have to do breathing treatments every 4 hours (until her coughing dies down) as well as take oral steroids. So we got 3 prescriptions for our little darling today. After her infection goes away, we'll be able to get KK an inhaler, and hopefully, only have to do breathing treatments 2-3 times a day.
On a side note, on the way home one day, KK kept on saying "daddy." I thought it was super cute, so I whipped out my phone and recorded it. When I got home I showed Ty the video. As we were watching it, we noticed KK was doing some very bizarre things. She was making weird facial expressions, twitching and she even rolled her eyes back. At first I thought it was funny, but Ty found it scary. After showing the video to some friends, I decided maybe I should have Dr. C check out the video to see if it was something to be alarmed about or if it was KK being silly. I also thought it could have been a reaction to her new meds, but that was all speculative. I showed Dr. C the video today and she was fairly alarmed. At first she said, oh she has a funny taste in her mouth. Then she paused and was like, wait, when was this? Where was this? Has this happened since? She didn't think it was a seizure, but also knew that it was not KK being silly. She told us that there have been studies saying there have been adverse affects from the steroids she was on, so she changed her prescription to a new steroid. She also said, if this happens again then she's going to send KK to a neurologist. She told me to not delete the video under any circumstances. Not going to lie, that is slightly scary to hear that. I'm hoping it was just a fluke and nothing will come out of it.
As I'm typing this, poor KK is coughing and coughing and coughing. I'm trying to capture video of it, but you know how that goes, she'll stop coughing as soon as I hit record. Here is a small snippet of her cough.
Perhaps it's just a bad day and things will get better for our little KK. We have a follow up appointment next week, and that is when we are supposed to get KK's inhaler. Hopefully I'll have good news to report to Dr. Campbell (less coughing) and hopefully she'll have good news to report to me (less breathing treatments)! Wish us all luck!

oh goodness, you guys have been going through so much! you feed her so healthy and she gets plenty of rest.. it doesn't make sense! i hope you guys can get to the bottom of this soon.
ReplyDelete