Toys are taking over KK's room. I try not to have any toys laying around the "common areas" because I don't want anyone walking into my house and having it be obvious that I have a kid. I leave that for KK's room. With that being said, KK's room is a total mess. I cannot stand to even look in it b/c there is crap everywhere. We were fortunate enough to have some friends pass down some pretty cool toys for KK, so luckily we haven't had to buy many toys. I actually don't think I've bought her a toy (besides something in the $1 section) since spring/early summer. Anyone that has a toddler knows that the minute you try to put a toy away, the little rugrat is behind you pulling it back out again. I finally got tired of cleaning up after her and decided it was time to downsize the toys. I spent a good chunk of Saturday cleaning out her room and closet and got rid of 3 trash bags of toys and clothes
. I'm going to donate them, I just don't know where yet. After sifting through her closet I realized we don't have any clothes for this winter so I got to go on a little shopping spree for little Miss KK. I have found that Dillards has, by far, the best clearance section. They have cute little Roxy and Hurley outfits and I got them for 70% off! Score! I love me a good deal. :) Now if it will just cool off so she could wear them...
As of now, KK enjoys reading, coloring, playing with her kitchen, watching Dora, painting water on flagstone, carrying around tools (flashlights, screw drivers, etc) and working on her quad with daddy. The kitchen we got her is more of a "learning" table with bins. Lonna got KK the kitchen bin for her birthday so we got KK the table. I'm thinking about getting her the "tools" bin but I'm afraid she'll still want the real screwdriver.
I'd like to clear out some more toys so I (Santa) can get her a table and chairs. She loves to color so I thought it would be a fun little station to set up in her room. I think with both the table and chairs and learning table, then KK will be set on toys for quite some time.
Anyways...here is her de-cluttered room. Yes, this is after I cleaned. Her room is so tiny and odd shaped that it makes it very difficult to find storage solutions.


You should pack away a bunch of toys and switch them out every couple of months. Gemma gets sick of seeing the same toys. But if I put something away for a while she is always excited when it comes back!
ReplyDeletetry two kids .... so different developmental levels. Thanks gosh we have a play room in the new house! I can shut the door:)
ReplyDeletei think her room looks adorable! i feel your pain, as i spent two full days cleaning and organizing evan's room.. between the 5 million crayons and legos and putting them back in their respective homes i had a headache at the end. but the payoff is so worth it! and he always loves remembering toys he forgot about because they were buried under other toys. good for you for donating them! i remember when evan was a toddler and cleaning was a constant struggle. i feel the same way as you and don't want toys in the common area, so i'm still always picking up. :) such a good mama you are!
ReplyDelete