November 14, 2010

Living Desert

We escaped once again to my mom's house for the weekend. I was looking online for things to do in the Palm Springs area and saw the Living Desert. We've never taken KK to a zoo before (Lonna has) so we decided to check it out. Lately KK's attention span is pretty short so we often have to rush through activities or cut them short to prevent a meltdown. I knew the zoo was going to be rough but I wanted to try it anyways (with the help of Mimi and Grandpro of course). I mapped out what I wanted to see/do and tried to fit it all in to the couple hours we had there.


First, we fed the giraffes...


This picture makes me laugh. The girfaffe's tongue attacked KK. She just laughed it off though.

Then we checked out the big horn sheep...


Next up, the petting zoo...


KK kept on pointing to the one particular goat!

She fell in love with this one. Ahhhhh.

At least the goat was picture perfect. He reminds me of our old dog Rocky!

KK enjoyed being a tomboy and getting dirty!

Finally we learned about butterflies...



and the meltdown begins

...and called it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment