July 29, 2009

Way Back When-esday - I'm WHAT????

Exactly one year ago, I found out I was pregnant. I really had NO CLUE. I had just gotten into kickboxing and was working out 2-3 hours per day. I figured my body was adjusting to my new workout regimen and didn't even think I could possibly be pregnant. But on Saturday, July 19, 2008, I had this weird feeling. I knew something was different, and I just had a slight feeling I could possibly be pregnant. Ty and I went to dinner at the Fish Market that night and all throughout dinner I could not stop thinking about whether or not I was pregnant, so we stopped by CVS Pharmacy on the way home and got a double pack of pregnancy tests. We got home and I took one. It took only a few seconds for the pregnancy line to appear, it even appeared before the "test" line. I looked at Tyson and said "OHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!!" We weren't sure what to think, so Ty suggested that I take another one in the morning with "fresh" pee. We woke up on Sunday morning and I took another one, yet again, pregnant. I still was having a hard time believing this, so I went to the store and got a digital one thinking, there is NO way a digital one can be wrong! It read "pregnant."



We were both speechless. I remember saying "ummmmm, wow, so I guess that means we are going to have a baby. I never thought that would happen!" Tyson was confused too because he had been out of town all summer and was wondering how on earth I could be pregnant when he wasn't even around!! So on Monday morning I made a call to my doctor to make the appointment to confirm that I was pregnant. My appointment was set for Friday, July 25th. When I went in for the appointment they told me I was almost 11 weeks. Boy did I feel stupid. How was I pregnant for 11 weeks and not have ANY clue!?! The good thing was that I only had to keep the secret for another week because I wanted to wait until I was 12 weeks along before I told anybody. It sure was nice breezing through my first trimester without any negative symptoms of pregnancy. :)

So here we are, one year later and I have a cute lil' 6 month baby girl. Boy, have things changed!

Play along with Way Back When-esday at Twinfatuation.



4 comments:

  1. What a great story! Such a awesome way to start a pregnancy! Your little girl is so cute! Stopping by from WBW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing...We thought maybe the test with the lines was wrong so we went back the next morning and got the digital one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad i wasn't the only one who took a picture of my EPT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kirsten, I love your recounting of your pregnancy discovery! (We were CVS pregnancy test patrons, too!)

    What a wonderful whirlwind, eh? Thanks so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday!

    ReplyDelete