July 27, 2009

Makes My Monday - Rubber Ducky You're the One!

Being a first time parent is difficult and there is oh so much to learn. I always thought that I would be able to figure things out on my own, and I am, slowly but surely. Some things that might seem like common sense to some, aren't so "common" to me. For example, I didn't realize that I was supposed to change the nipple levels in the bottles. I vaguely remember seeing different "numbers" when I registered but never really thought of it again. A month or so ago, Kaylynn was having a difficult time eating and so my mom asked me what level nipple I was on and I honestly had no clue, I just used the ones that came with the Dr. Brown's pack. I then asked a couple friends and apparently I was supposed to be moving through the levels already. Ummmmm, can I say whoops? I also didn't realize the car seat straps had 2 different heights. I was about to move Kaylynn to the convertible car seat recently until a friend had mentioned moving up her straps. Ummmmm, can I say whoops again? That brings me to exhibit 3, I was reading my friend Robyn's blog and saw that she got Gemma a new bath tub. Gemma is 5 weeks younger than Kaylynn. That, yet again, inspired me to venture out of the infant bath tub and on to the next tub. My mom bought me this rubber ducky tub and I thought Kaylynn was too young for it, but decided it was worth a try since I've been noticing her legs were hanging off the edge of the infant tub. Turns out the rubber ducky worked out pretty good. Kaylynn can almost sit up by her self so this seemed to be the perfect tub transition. I guess that means no more sink baths for little Kaylynn. She's a big girl now!!



Looking at this picture makes me realize how quickly Kaylynn is growing up before our eyes. She's not my 5 pound munchkin anymore. Seeing Kaylynn in her rubber ducky bathtub is what Makes My Monday. What makes yours? Play along with Makes My Monday by visiting Twinfatuation.



No comments:

Post a Comment