July 1, 2009

Sunning Our Buns in Newport

For the first part of our vacation, we went to the beach house in Newport Beach, California. This was Kaylynn's first visit to a Southern California beach and her first time feeling the ocean.

My mom and Mark also came down for the day and joined us on the beach.

We set up an umbrella, got some sand toys and let Kaylynn play. She enjoyed daddy blowing bubbles and flinging the sand with her shovel, but her favorite part was taking a nap in the little hole mommy built for her.



I took her down to the water so that she could put her toes in the sand, but I think the water was too cold for her because every time I tried to put her toes in the water, she would lift up her feet.


We had such a great time and now I realize that I need to win the lottery so that Kaylynn can grow up on the beach.

1 comment:

  1. I bet she loved feeling the wind and hearing the ocean!

    ReplyDelete