July 2, 2009

Kayaking in Morro Bay

Yesterday Tyson and I decided to leave Kaylynn with grandma and grandpa while we went Kayaking in Morro Bay. The weather was absolutely beautiful. A little chilly at first but then it warmed up.


During our kayaking experience we saw about a dozen seals sitting on a dock and several seals even swam right by us.

We even saw a very large jellyfish!


After kayaking we decided to walk along the jetty. Tyson found a mini cave and decided to climb in (against my wishes).

I tried to pose like a gymnast, but realized I'm not flexible at all anymore. In my head, this scale looked much better!

For lunch we decided to eat somewhere on the Embarcadero and get some clam chowder and halibut and chips. It wasn't very healthy, but it was pretty good. I've still never had clam chowder that comes close to comparing to the chowder I had at Robyn's wedding in Boston. That was delish!

It was such a relaxing and peaceful day.

Tonight we are taking Kaylynn to Farmer's Market to walk around and check out downtown San Luis Obispo. Tomorrow we are headed to Calabasas to see my dad's side of the family as well as Kaylynn's cousins. Our vacation is coming to an end which makes me a little bit sad, but we have had such a great time!

1 comment:

  1. We'll have to get you some chowder when you come visit in September!

    ReplyDelete