Chuck (my boss) and his wife Diane (KK's pediatric nurse) invited us to a Dbacks game tonight.
They have amazing seats so we never ever turn down an invite! Even if the Dbacks are playing some random team from Mexico...the Sultanes de Monterrey. The game started at 6:40 p.m. and KK's bedtime is 7:00 p.m. so I was nervous how she would behave but she did great! I'm starting to realize that she's becoming a more flexible kid and I need not rely so strictly on her "schedule."

KK scarfed down a hotdog with the quickness.
She saw the cookie man walk by and said "daddy cookie please." Melt...my...heart. So I caved and got her a cookie that was bigger than her head. She had about 1/3 of it and said all done. Thank goodness! I was afraid it would be a fight because I didn't want her eating much of it.
I explained to KK who Baxter was and showed her pictures of him so every time she saw him on the jumbotron she would yell "Baxter!" Sure enough Baxter visited our section. KK was so so SO excited and would not stop yelling "Baxter...PLAY...BAXTER...PLAY!!!" So once Baxter was done taking pictures with the other kids, I brought KK to him to take a picture...and this is how she reacted. Figures!
Other than that little meltdown, KK was SO good at the game. I didn't think she would sit in our laps or stay put but she proved me wrong once again. I guess that means we'll have to go to more games this season. Oh darn. ;)
We left the game in the 8th inning and KK did not want to be carried so we let her walk...the entire way back to the car. Her and daddy played chase pretty much the whole way. So. Darn. Cute.
In case you didn't know, Arizona is hosting the 2011 All Star Game. I was going to buy tickets but you have to buy the entire "strip" of tickets for every single event during the event and they were redic pricey! Ummm no thanks. So this is all we have to show for the All Star Game...a picture with Mickey!
After every game we always go and look at our brick. It's a tradition. Even when I worked there I would look at my brick as I left after the games.
Then we were walking back to the parking lot and Kaylynn spotted some stairs. She was like "STAIRS!" and pointed. I told her that we weren't parked in that garage and that we had to keep walking. She pitched a fit and sat down on the ground, refusing to move. I once again tried to deter her from climbing the stairs but she wanted to. And just like me, she wasn't going to give up. So I was like "Fine. If you want to walk up those stairs, go ahead, but I'm not helping you and I'm not carrying you if you get tired. You have to go up every single one...and then come back down every single one." I was thinking, HA! she'll be so tired she'll never want to do this again. I'll SHOW her. Boy. Was I wrong. DEAD wrong. She actually walked up all 4 flights of stairs, crossed the bridge, came down 4 flights of stairs and starting going back up again. All by herself. We had to pry her from those stairs because she would have climbed them all night. That wasn't exactly how I played it out in my head. Oh well. Guess I learned the lesson that time.
The Gentiles come in town in a few weeks and we plan on going to a Dbacks game with them and the Ghaemmaghamis. I cannot wait!









looks like she did great, I hope Nais does.
ReplyDelete