Robyn suggested that I put KK in my favorite outfit because we might not get to an outfit change. She also mentioned that it would be a struggle. Boy was she right. We brought Dora on the iPod, a ball, Abby and Giraffe (her new fave toy). Unfortunately, she wanted ALL of them with her in the picture taking area.
When we first got there, all she wanted to do was play with the blocks in the waiting area. I was being stubborn and didn't want her playing with the blocks (because we only had a short time slot to get pictures done) and I didn't want the blocks to be in the pictures (they made it in the 18 month photos). Needless to say...the battle begun. Not sure who won.
3...2...1...MELTDOWN!!
It got so bad that Ty had to step outside. Everyone was staring at us and the photographer was less than thrilled. I think she was even more annoyed that I was filming KK's meltdown rather than trying to "fix" it. Anyone that knows KK, knows that you can't stop her from having a meltdown. I just let her go at it and walk away.
Once we put on Dora, and let her have ALL of her toys in the photos, she calmed down enough to capture a few photos. Some with red eyes.
That whole experience was the opposite of fun and I'm so glad we get to wait 1 whole year before we attempt that again.




Honestly...I didn't even notice the extra props and toys until you mentioned them. :) And, you know what? Sometimes, you just have to say screw everyone else, if they can come up with a better idea to get your kid to calm down, then have at it. Otherwise, the very best thing you can do is ignore the behavior. (Tell me that when my kid is 2, by the way...thanks.)
ReplyDeleteYay. Love the pics. Those pink jellies are the best!
ReplyDeleteThx for the pix and I LOVE that she has Giraffe in the pix with her...but then again, I LOVE everything about this little girl (even her meltdowns...your film made me LOL)!
ReplyDelete