January 20, 2010

Not Cute

So I love that KK is a big girl now, but at the same time there are quite a bit of challenges that come along with it. Let me start off with the fact that when we go to wake her up in the mornings, she looks like this.

While this is cute at 6am, it is NOT cute at 4am when she decides to have a party in her crib and shake the side rail. Not cute.

While it's cute that she drinks from her sippy cup, and seems to prefer it over the bottle, it's not cute when she throws it on the ground when she is done. She seems to be throwing everything lately. So. Not. Cute.

While I love that she is experimenting with her voice and trying to make new sounds, (the newest being "g"), it is not cute that she does so in the loudest, most ear piercing voice ever.

While I love that she is FINALLY eating finger food, it is not cute when she tries to grab food from us while we are eating, and most of the time, it's something we cannot share with her. She then proceeds to scream when we say no. Not cute.

While I love that she has pearly whites to show off, I do not love the whole teething process, as I'm sure KK doesn't either. She has 2 teeth on the bottom, 2 fangs up top and over the past week, has cut her two front teeth (which seem pretty big in size, so they must have been painful). Her waking up in the middle of the night and being a fussy pants all day. Not cute.

You know what else isn't cute? The rash that has been on her tummy (and now back) since before Christmas, yes, before Christmas. The doc said it was sensitive skin and to try cortisone. Tried it (as she proceeded to scream). Didn't work. Tried Arbonne lotion. Didn't work. Tried the obvious Aquaphor. Didn't work. Tried to eliminate dairy. Hasn't worked as of yet. Someone suggested olive oil, so I might give that a try. Any moms have any suggestions? It's a red, bumpy, splotchy rash. No blisters. No open sores. No itching. I haven't changed laundry detergents or introduced her to any new foods.

It's so weird, all of the sudden, out of nowhere, Kaylynn is a big girl. In a couple days she will be 1. I never thought I'd see that day. At first, the weeks/months went by SO slow, but once she hit 6 months, time flew by! Our baby isn't a baby anymore. :( This does not, I repeat, NOT mean we are ready for #2...not sure we will ever be ready for that!

You know what is cute?

Her finding her soccer balls in her toy bins and choosing to play with those over most of her other toys. Cuteness.

Her laughing while I pull her cozy cruiser as fast as I can. Cuteness.

Her eating Cheerios. TOTAL Cuteness.

I'm starting to think this next year will be extremely challenging yet extremely rewarding at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is my favorite post ever. EVER. Love it! The picture of her with the Cheerios is adorable! I can't wait to meet her in a few weeks- just booked my flight this morning!

    ReplyDelete