January 26, 2010

1 Year Appointment

We went for Kaylynn's 1 year appointment yesterday. The stats are as follows:

Weight: 19 pounds even (20th %)
Length: 28 3/4" (50th%)
Head: 18" (75%)

She got two vaccines, MMR and Chicken Pox. They gave her the shots in her arm and she was NOT happy about it. She was crying so hard she couldn't catch her breath. Poor thing! Check out her cool Band-Aid though!


So the rash isn't a rash. It's eczema. Apparently it comes and goes and not a whole lot helps. The doc suggested Vaseline. I'll give that a try. Also lotions/soaps without perfume are a must. Good news is that it's not an allergy and she can eat dairy!!! She is going to be so excited to eat cheese for lunch! She is SO over applesauce!

We got the green light to start whole milk. We will start with 2 oz in the morning, then follow up with formula in the sippy cup. We will do 2 oz for 2 days, then 4 oz for 2 days and so on, but no more than 12-16 oz per day. Kaylynn already drinks water, so eventually, we will swap water for formula during her mid day feedings. I'm nervous how this transition will go...wish us luck!

The nurse asked 3 questions. 1) Can she walk? 2) Can she talk? 3) Does she throw things? No, no and boy does she ever! As far as the milestones, well, she can't walk yet, but is pretty close. She can walk around the coffee table, take a couple steps and then fall (with someone nearby) and she can stand up from sitting position without holding on to anything. We have some sounds, like mama or dada, and some grunts and mubbles that I try to make into words or sentences (for example, one of her mumbles sounds like "I did it" but I know that's not what she is saying), so basically no talking, but I'm sure that will come much later. I've been working with her on her signs. She only signs "all done" and can't quite get "more," she claps instead. She typically will stand up against the coffee table while pooping, so I make sure I sign "potty" when she starts grunting, so hopefully, she can tie the two together...eventually. It doesn't hurt to try, right?

Other than that, everything else was pretty routine. A healthy girl is all I can ask for!

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I can't believe Kaylynn is already 1! Both my kids had/have eczema. Ask your doc for some desonide ointment. It clears it right up.

    ReplyDelete