January 24, 2010

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To



Kaylynn is 1 year old. I can't believe it!! We officially have a big girl now.


Her birthday happened to fall on a Saturday this year so we threw her a little party on her actual birthday. Some of the grandparents came into town too!

Initially I wasn't in the party planning mode because I felt like I still hadn't recovered from Christmas and so I was pretty bahumbug about it and really slacked on planning. I decided to have the party at a park, but due to all the rain we had all week, the park was flooded and so I had to change the location of the party to my house. Somehow we had to fit 30 plus people in my teeny tiny 1100 square foot house. Amazingly, we did it!


The adults played Rock Band in the man cave (I thought I got a picture of it, but I didn't) while all the kids played in the family room and in the side yard. I had some toys and a bubble machine in the side yard. Parker and Mason both loved the bubbles!


Kaylynn was having a great time playing with Taylor and Naison and we posed them on the couch for pictures. Tay Tay and KK were staring each other down, both fighting for Naison's attention!



Kaylynn and Taylor are only a month apart and get along GREAT! They were both very interested in each others sippy cups.

While opening presents, Kaylynn was interested in the first couple presents and then decided she was not going to cooperate and kept on crawling away from the presents, and then proceeded to cry. She was not a happy camper. Figures when it's her turn to be the star of the party, she cries. Oh well. She ended up with some great loot! Tons of fun toys (none of which we already had...bonus!) and lots of cute spring clothes. She is going to be one cutely dressed sweetheart!




Aunt Kali played with KK.

Rather than making a big cake, I decided to make adult sized cupcakes and mini ones for the kids, low sugar of course!

Amanda was kind enough to make a smash cake for KK.


When it was time to dig in, Kaylynn wasn't very interested in it but once we got the fondant peeled off, she dug right in.




And of course gagged. Unfortunately the video won't upload so this will have to do.

I wish I would have gotten more pictures of all the kids, but I was busy running around the whole time. All and all, I think it was a huge success. Thanks to everyone who came and helped out. It was such a fun day!


No comments:

Post a Comment