Ok, so I think I have
maybe started to battle finger foods. I found two things that Kaylynn likes!! Tyson and I went out to sushi the other night and lately, well, Kaylynn hasn't been on her best behavior, and battling a restaurant during dinner time scared me, but I wanted sushi bad enough, so we decided to give it a try. Of course she screamed and fussed the whole way to the restaurant (not sure what these new temper tantrums are about, but I'm NOT a fan!), but when we got there, we gave her a fortune cookie (in the wrapper) to play with and that kept her busy, along with the little boy sitting next to us. When the food arrived, she kept on reaching for my asparagus and so I gave her a spear to chew on. I think the garlic sauce was too much so I gave her one tiny piece of rice and she ate it, WITHOUT gagging!!! Hip hip hooray! She continued to eat quite a bit and kept on wanting more.
That got me thinking...what else can I give her? All kids like Mac N' Cheese, right? So I cooked up some Easy Mac tonight and she ate it too! Then she signed "all done." I've been working with a few signs, "eat," "more" and "all done" and she finally used one!! She's been doing it for the past two days, so I'm pretty sure it's not a fluke. :)
I am not totally happy that she likes unhealthy things, but hey, baby steps, right? She can eat noodles and rice!! I thought I'd be pureeing until she was in college.
I make a big batch of brown rice and freeze it in ice cube trays. I still have a bunch of puree left so I ass the rice to it. I have a yummy rice recipe too if you're interested. But I usually just do the basics. Have you tried beans or squished peas? Those are Gemma's favorites
ReplyDelete