October 25, 2009

Gidddy Up'

Our friends Trent and Meghan are celebrating birthdays in the next week and so we decided to celebrate by going to Turf Paradise to bet on some ponies! We all decided to have a little fun and dress the part. We put on our cowboy boots, flowery dresses, silly hats and tight pants and made the best of it!

Once again, it was blistering hot outside! I'm SO over this heat and am ready for it to cool down. Enough already!! The weather man says it's supposed to cool down midweek, so I'm crossing my fingers.

We spent a lot of time inside cooling off.

Kaylynn enjoyed watching the ponies and so did I. I used to go to the racetrack all the time as a kid so it brought back memories.

This was Tyson's first time at a racetrack and I think he really enjoyed it.

Kaylynn was my lucky charm. She would tell me what horse to bet on an at first I was on a roll and won the first 3 races that I bet, then I lost 1 and won another. I think I ended up making a couple bucks.

It was such a great time and with such great friends. I'm anxious to go back! This was a very fun-filled weekend but we are absolutely exhausted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment