November 2, 2009

First Halloween

Halloween was a busy time for us this year! Kaylynn had several outfits that she wore throughout the month...




Kaylynn learned how to scare all the ghost and goblins away by saying BOO!

...but her she saved her main costumes for the real deal.


Tyson's school had a fall festival last week and since it was VERY chilly that day, we broke out her bat costume. I got this costume when I was pregnant because I was in my "anti-girl" stage and refused to buy anything pink or princessy. ;) I loved this costume because I didn't see any other babies as a bat! The fall festival ran into Kaylynn's dinner/bed time so this is the only picture we got at the festival.


Then on Friday, one of our friend's hosted a Halloween party so we all went to that! We decided to do a family themed group costume and so Ty was Popeye, I was Olive Oyl and KK was Swee'Pea.

Popeye and his little Swee'Pea!


The fog machine was in full effect at this point in the night, hence the foggy picture!


Then Halloween night came and Kaylynn ended up going to bed before the trick or treaters arrived. Pepper dressed up as a bumble bee and I dressed up as a football player.

You all know how I love Halloween, so I decided to scare all the kids who came to our door (since we were having technical difficulties with our TV and I had nothing better to do). I had a strobe light cemetary in the front yard, ghosts hanging from the trees, gobblins hanging off my roof and then had a dummy by the front door with a fog machine. I was peaking out the window waiting for kids to come up so that I could fog them! I made quite a few of them scream! I was impressed that Kaylynn was able to sleep through Pepper barking and kids screaming.
Over all, it was a very nice Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment