October 8, 2009

Cooler Temps and Random Things

The weather is absolutely beautiful right now in Arizona. Even though we don't have the fall colors, we sure have wonderful temps! During the day it has been in the 80's, and at night, it has been in the 60's. Today after work, Kaylynn, Pepper and I even went for a long walk around the neighborhood. KK just loves looking around. It ended up working out just great. We took a 30-40 minute walk and then when we got home, it was time to feed her, bathe her and put her to bed and she was fast asleep by 6:30/6:45 p.m.! I'm LOVING her early bedtime!

I've been having fun dressing KK up in something besides onsies for a change, and have finally been able to put her in some jeans. Here is Kaylynn in her Hurley jeans which have surfboard and boxing glove charms on them. So cute! Even though the jeans are super cute, I'm still a fan of onsies and cotton pants. They just seem like they would be more comfortable for her.


On a side note, have any other moms out there noticed that Pampers Cruisers give their daughters a terrible rash? I switched from Pampers Baby Dry to Pampers Cruisers and she developed this TERRIBLE rash. There is a netting type fabric in the Cruisers and I think that irritates her along with all the loose crystals that I found while changing her. I called diapers.com to see if anyone else complained about them and they said that they hadn't received any complaints. They sent me out a new box and told me if they give her a rash again to call them back so they can report it to Pampers and give me a refund. I have switched back to the Baby Dry until she heals up and am hesitant to try the new box of Cruisers. Lonna had mentioned that the same thing happened with her daughter, Natalie, and she switched to Huggies. When I googled it, I found that several other moms who had baby girls also had the same problem. I've been using ointment and it's clearing up but it still looks painful! Poor baby!

In other random news...we are still waiting for a tooth to pop through. I'm starting to wonder if she will be eating cake on her first birthday without any teeth!

2 comments:

  1. I never had a problem with cruisers and Julia but have read about the netting bothering some babies. They are all so different and sometimes one thing can cause a reaction for one baby that doesn't on the other. The swaddlers have that same netting and sometimes it sticks to Caroline and I hate that.

    Another side note if you fed her something different for the first time that can cause a baby to get a bad diaper rash.

    I had a girlfriend whose baby at nine months still had no teeth either. They will come in time but just remember babies can gum a lot more than you think.

    That was one long comment. Sorry:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma wears the cruisers and hasnt had any problems.

    Be carefule what you wish for. When that tooth starts cutting through she may not be such a happy baby

    ReplyDelete