April 14, 2010

The Wonders of Editing

We've been working on sounds and words with Kaylynn but it's been a struggle. She'll learn a word, and then lose it. When she first learns a word, everything becomes that word. ie, Pepper. Once she learned how to say Pepper, she would point at everything and say "Pep-ah" whether it be her toys or her sippy cup or her mama, everything was "Pep-ah." Well, now her new sound is "B." I think she knows how to say "bird," or in her words, "burr" but I highly doubt anyone else could tell what she is saying. She points to the sky and says "burr." Along with "burr" came "boo." So I tried to teach her the color "blue" so there would be something to coordinate with the sound.

While in the bath the other night, we were playing with her toys and she was saying "boo," so I kept on trying to hand her the blue toys so she would be able to put 2 and 2 together. Then out of nowhere, she picked up the yellow toy and it sounded like she said "yeh-whoa." Obviously, I know she didn't but it sure sounded like it. So I got out the flip to see if she would do it again.

Kaylynn is showing off how well she knows her colors. Blue and Yellow!


I thought about posting only these two videos to try to show off how smart she was, because, with the powers of editing, she obviously knows her colors! But, unfortunately, that's not exactly how it went down. I think it's only fair that with these edited videos, I post the whole video, just so you can see what REALLY happened in the bath. ;) A lot of "boos" and a whole lot of learning which color was which. I've been guilty of editing in the past...

*Warning, this video is LONG

It's amazing what you can do by editing a little bit, huh?

1 comment:

  1. I too pick and choose which videos and pictures to post to show her at her best...GUILTY!

    ReplyDelete