Chuck and Diane took us to a Dbacks game last night, and while I was a little hesitant to go, I decided to bite the bullet. Ever since Kaylynn started walking, she wants nothing to do with sitting still, and I mean nothing! Chuck and Diane have amazing seats, so I was going to do my best to enjoy every moment I could watching the game from the seats, but I knew eventually, KK would want OUT!
We got there about 20 minutes before the game started and walked around a little bit. Kaylynn was really enjoying people watching. Then we sat down in our seats and the game began. So far so good. No meltdowns, just a calm KK. I think it helped that there was a super cute 2 year old boy in front of us. They were having a major stare down. Then it was time for dinner. Kaylynn ate a whole, yes WHOLE, hotdog. I was amazed. I think she liked the ketchup more than the hotdog itself. :)
Aunt DD held Kaylynn for most of the game. Kaylynn definitely wasn't complaining! They were clapping and playing patty cake.
Then at about the 4th inning we went to see Baxter in Baxter's Den. Last year we did the same thing and it went smoothly. This year, not so much. Kaylynn was TERRIFIED of Baxter. She screamed and wiggled and wanted nothing to do with him.
Then we went to the growth chart to see how much Kaylynn has grown over the past year. As we tried to put Kaylynn next to the growth chart she was not happy. There is a cutout of Baxter right next to the growth chart and she would not go near it, so I tried to hold her next to the chart, and she made it very difficult! Tyson even tried to comfort her!
Finally, a nice man walked by and offered to take our picture for us, so here it is, 2009 v. 2010!
After we were done with Baxter's Den we played at the Peter Piper Playhouse.
KK enjoyed playing on the tractor, driving the truck and riding the dragon!
Then she went to play with the big kids and run the bases! There was one boy who was very fond of Kaylynn and kept on patting her on the head and chasing her. It was really cute!
We went back to our seats and Kaylynn just relaxed in my lap. I've never seen her so calm before. It was seriously amazing. I can't believe she lasted the whole game. What a good girl she was!! I'm still soaking it up because the next experience is bound to be full of meltdowns and wiggle worms!






No comments:
Post a Comment