January 9, 2011

Toddler Yoga

The Children's Museum offers a free toddler yoga class twice a month. I've been wanting to try it out but I've been a bit intimidated. I don't know squat about yoga and the likelihood of KK sitting still for anything is slim to none. I finally decided to bite the bullet and sign up. Since KK is too young to start dance or gymnastics classes (at the place by our house) I figured this is the next best thing.

The Ghaemmaghamis met us at the museum to play before yoga.



Ty was a good sport and took pictures during yoga class (so I could blog about it...what a nice guy!). KK started off by not being too sure about it, but the instructor told us to just let the kids explore around the room and with time, they'll want to do what mommy and daddy are doing. I was like, yeah right, I'm SO sure. Not my kid! Sure enough, the instructor wasn't lying. KK totally joined in on the fun.

We played with scarfs...

...listened to the instructor read a book...

... and moo'd like a cow.

KK attempted a few poses...

...and even went under the downward dog tunnel!

After about 20/25 minutes, she found daddy and the snack cup and was ready to go eat so we left. KK did way better than I expected and I'm looking forward to going back to try again!

2 comments: