I got a call from daycare on Wednesday saying to come pick up Kaylynn because she was sick. She had a slight fever, cough and snotty nose. I figured she was coming down with something because she was coughing throughout the night and woke up with a dried snotty nose. I took her to the doctor and they said she just had a cold. Thank goodness. She didn't have a temperature last night but I gave her some motrin before bed hoping she would sleep good. Not so much. Poor girl was up coughing all night and didn't sleep much after 2am. When it was time to wake her up for school, Ty felt her and she was burning up. We took her temp and it read 103.9. KK has never had a temp that high so I started texting my mommy friends seeking advice. I gave her some motrin, stripped her down, gave her some water and turned on Dora. It's gonna be a Dora day today. :) I did, however, notice her ear was draining so the tubes are in fact working. Yay!!
She can't go back to school tomorrow so Ty's going to stay home with her then.
I was hoping this would be a healthier year for KK and I'm a little annoyed that it's starting already. I just hope she's better by Saturday. We have big plans with Aunt Kali!
You should start making sick tallies now to see how many times she gets sick in 2011. Poor thing! Poor sleep-deprived parents too!
ReplyDelete