I must say though, seeing those "Ns" makes me quiver inside. In some twisted way, it makes me feel like I've failed as a parent somehow. Now I have it in my head to work with her like crazy to accomplish those goals. Ty tells me that I'm being silly and I need to calm down. I'll admit, I do, but I just can't help myself.
I'm curious to see how I'm going to react to a "real" report card one day. I got straight A's as a kid so in my mind, anything less than an A just means she's being lazy. Obviously that's a very close minded statement so I'm going to have to work on that...starting now. I love that Ty has a way to pull me back to reality when I go off on my narrow-minded tangents. We compliment each other so well. Love him.

Its kind of weird that they are getting report cards so young. it is nice to see what you can work on with her. Everyone needs to work on something. I tell my K parents that all the time
ReplyDeleteKeep in mind that different places grade differently. The first school I taught at wouldn't really "let" us give them the high grades at the beginning of the year because they wanted to "show growth" throughout the year, meaning grades "improved over time." I thought it was B.S., but had to do it. Where I've been lately had us grade each quarter as a separate quarter, not looking at the change over time "growth." So, in the future, you can always ask deeper questions at the beginning of the year if you feel you need to. Nothing lower than an A was ever accepted in my house growing up, but then again, teachers were able to do things differently "back then." Like all my quotes in this comment?
ReplyDeleteRepeat after me...
ReplyDelete"I am a good mom!"
You are and she is doing awesome.
High expectations are good as long as they are realistic. You and tyson will be good for each other because you will balance each other. Graham has to pull me back every once in a while.
You are a wonderful mom! KK is SO blessed to have such amazing parents! Love you! xoxox
ReplyDelete