September 26, 2010

Ask and you shall receive...

Last week I posted about wanting visitors. Well, lucky for us, someone took us up on that offer and we were lucky enough to have Tyson's childhood friend, Kyle, come visit us for the weekend! Lonna, our old sitter, gave us tickets to the Dbacks game on Friday night. The game started at 6:40pm (40 minutes past KK's bed time) but I decided to see if KK could handle it. I love that she goes to bed so early and is such a good sleeper (12-13, sometimes 14 hours at night) but it really puts a damper in social activities (mostly, sporting events). I want to take KK to more games, but they start so late that it's just not worth having a fussy toddler and ruining her schedule. I figured since Kyle was okay with leaving the game early, this would be the perfect opportunity to try it out.

We stopped by Taco Bell on the way to the game to cash in on the 3 free tacos promotion. KK doesn't like tacos (or meat really) so I got her a cheese roll up. She sat at the table like a big girl and even played "see-food" with us.

As we got to the game, we took some pictures at the gates and went straight to the kids play area.


Daddy had fun with KK...

...and KK had fun by herself.

She even graced us with some killer dance moves. She would bust a move every time they played music at the stadium.

By the 4th inning, KK was ready to go! She made it until 8pm which amazed me, but you could tell she wasn't too happy about being kept up so late!

As we were leaving we stopped by the Team Shop to get KK a little treat for being such a good girl. I decided to get her a Dbacks hat since she outgrows the shirts so quickly. The shirt she had on at this game is a 2T that I bought for NEXT season! Whoops. The hat should fit for a while. To my surprise, she actually kept it on her head.

I'm going to have to find a way to make her look like a girl, because she looks like such a boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment