August 10, 2010

Way Back When-esday - Going Gonzo

Way back when, back in 2006...okay not that far back...I worked the best job in the entire world (in my opinion of course). I got paid to root on the Dbacks. As you all know, I'm a huge baseball fan, so to me, it was the best job ever! Anyways, the very last game I worked was also Luis Gonzalez's last game with the Dbacks. (For those of you who don't know, he's pretty much a legend here in AZ and got the game winning hit to win the 2001 World Series. ) After the game, the Dbacks did an amazing tribute to Gonzo and I was lucky enough to be on the field and take it all in. After the gameI got to chat with Gonzo and thank him for the memories.

Over the weekend, the Dbacks decided to retire Gonzo's number, #20. Ty, KK and I went to the game to see the presentation. We got to the game early so that we could be one of the lucky ones to get a Gonzo bobblehead. It was pure madness at the stadium. We got there 2 hours early and they ran out of bobbleheads shortly thereafter!

We (including Abby) watched the Padres take batting practice, which is one of my favorite things to do. Despite KK yelling "ball" at the players, nobody would give her a ball! I thought for sure she'd get one. No such luck.


After BP we went upstairs to the toddler playground so KK could wear herself out. She played on the slide...


...played hide and seek...


...and decided it was much more fun to play while eating Cheerios. That snack cup is a lifesaver for us!

By the time the game started (around 5:30pm) KK was not having it and so we made it half way through the first inning before calling it quits. Neither one of us were in the mood to try to force her to stay up past her bedtime (6pm). So we went home, put KK down and enjoyed the game from the comforts of our very own home.


Here is KK standing by our brick on the way out of the stadium!

We might attempt another game this season, but most likely not.

Play along with Way Back When-esday at Twinfatuation!

No comments:

Post a Comment