August 8, 2010

Photo Sesh

Okay let me start by saying, I now realize why some people skip the 18 month pictures and go straight to 2 year pics. I never realized how difficult it would be for the picture peeps to take photos of KK. When we got there, everything was fine. The minute the photographer asked KK to sit in the wicker chair, KK came unglued. She wanted NOTHING to do with that chair. She also wanted nothing to do with having her picture taken. She ran up to me and clung to my leg. With a death grip. She has never done this before so I was completely caught off guard. What?? KK?? A clinger? No way jose! Guess I was wrong because she really hasn't stopped since. Including when I drop her off at daycare. That's another story for another blog post.

The photographer got her to calm down by stacking blocks and letting KK knock them over. We got a few shots with blocks, even though I really didn't want them in the pictures.


Eventually, we got KK to be okay with walking around the picture taking area, but she had to have us right by her side. The minute we inched away so the photographer could snap a couple shots, she began crying. It was a struggle. That's for sure.

We kinda sorta got her to sit in the rocking chair.


We switched studios and went for the beach scene because there were a lot of props for her to play with.


Yet again, she wasn't really having it, so we gave her some sunglasses that I found in her diaper bag and she went to town. Posing, cheesing, being silly. It's the only way we could calm her down, so I caved and we now silly sunglasses in the pics. Hey, at least she's at the beach, right?


We tried the wicker chair again, but this time hidden by a beach towel. Insert arched back, I don't wanna do it 1 1/2 year old...

BUT she did give us one great, cheesy photo!

The photographer said the 2 year photos would be just as difficult. Gee, I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. She gunna be a movie star!!!! Love her...miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, HELLOOOO, I need an updated pic of my munch? Really, such cute pix!

    ReplyDelete