Pre kid thought:
Who buys their kid a toy just to shut them up?
Post kid:
Guilty...I've boughten her a toy just to keep her quiet so I could get my shopping done. Not a proud moment, but it happened.
Pre kid thought:
That kid is WAY too old for a paci. I'm not allowing my kid to have a paci for more than 6 months!
Post kid:
Guilty...I've given her the paci during a meltdown even though I really do think she is too old for it. And...she still sleeps with one at night.
Pre kid thought:
I'm never letting my kid walk around carrying a doll.
Post kid:
Guilty...Abby goes EVERYWHERE!
Pre kid thought:
I'm never allowing my kid to get into a certain Disney or Nick character.
Post kid:
One Word...DORA
Pre kid thought:
Why do parents let kids eat in the car? Cheerios in the backseat grosses me out!!
Post kid:
I'm embarrassed by how absolutely disgusting the backseat of my car is. But daycare is a 30 minute commute and so I make my drive more tolerable with Cheerios and Ritz. I need to invest in a dust buster.
Pre kid thought:
Who lets their kid hit or throw? CONTROL YOUR CHILD!
Post kid:
I've heard "it's just a phase..."
Pre kid thought:
Ummmm hello lady, don't you hear your kid screaming in the middle of the store? Shut that kid up!
Post kid:
I manage to tune KK out while she is screaming and continue my shopping. My to do list needs to get done. Screaming or not.
Pre kid thought:
I'm NEVER EVER, and I mean EVER feeding my kid fast food.
Post kid:
In N' Out french fries may have happened on our drive to Cali. Just saying.
Pre kid thought:
Ewww, I'm so NOT letting my daughter be a pretty princess. Gross!
Post kid:
She has a tutu, wears pink, has a fairy wand and last, but not least...wears makeup! Okay, so she doesn't really "wear" it but every morning when I'm putting on my makeup, she grabs my brushes and powder or shadows and puts on her own makeup. It's so cute!
Daddy showing her how it's done
Tada! So pretty!
She is a girly girl and I have zero control over it! But...it's not so bad.


No comments:
Post a Comment