This story starts back in February 2009. Nick and Noah came to visit their 3 week old cousin. During their stay here in AZ, they got happy meals...with girl toys by accident. Noah was nice enough to give me his My Little Pony and told me it was for KK. I've had it sitting in the "KK isn't old enough for this stuff" bin for a while but decided it was time to start going through those bins. I found the My Little Pony and even though the packaging said 3+ I decided KK was old enough, so I gave it to her. It came with a brush and KK immediately started to brush the pony's hair. She loved that thing and played with it all the time and carried it everywhere! Then one day, she lost the brush. I made the mistake of going to Cali with the pony, but not the brush. KK won't play with the pony if she doesn't have the brush, and instead, she goes a lil crazy if she sees the pony but not the brush. So I sent my mom on a mission to find a pony with hair and a brush. She found one and so when Ty went off to SLO a couple weeks ago, grandma gave KK her new pony, brush and all.
Grandma introducing KK to her new pony (and Dora backpack)
This wasn't exactly a My Little Pony. (Yes, I'm a pony snob, I want her to have the pretty My Little Pony!!) This thing was hideous. Like UG-LY! But KK immediately fell in love and actually named it. She calls it Abby. Why? I have no clue! I don't know where she got that name from, but she will run around the house yelling Abby Abby ABBY until she finds that ugly @$$ pony! She's getting a little too obsessed with this pony. She walks around carrying Abby and the brush.
She bathes with it. She even wakes up in the middle of the night yelling "Abby! Abby!" (I'm NOT joking!!! 3:30am three nights ago, and 1:00am two nights ago)
Anyways, here is the original cool pretty My Little Pony (that mommy wanted her to love)...
And here is the ugly, nappy haired pony that grandma found that KK is obsessed with...
I sent grandma on a mission to find a duplicate. I have a feeling this might be KK's "security blanket."
No comments:
Post a Comment