November 2, 2009

I'm a Big Girl Now!!

So many things happened this weekend, I don't know where to start! Besides the fact that it was Halloween, Kaylynn flipped a switch and decided it's time to be a big girl. I thought I'd be brave and try some yogurt to go with her afternoon bottle and she gobbled it right up. Then I let her much on mum mums (thanks for the suggestion Robyn) and she was able to chew on the rice cracker without gagging!

Then I decided to try a teething biscuit and even though Kaylynn made a MESS, it entertained her for a good 30 minutes! She just sat in her highchair eating away! I didn't take any pictures because I was more worried about how I was going to clean her up!

Then I decided to try some Gerber puffs too. At first she had no clue what she was doing.

She is able to rake them towards her and get them in her hands, but when they stick to her palms, she doesn't know what to do.

She will either open and close her hands until they fall out, try to put her hand in her mouth or put her face on the tray and eat them off the tray!

Towards the end of the day, she was really starting to get the hang of it.

We've also been practicing with the sippy cup and I think she has that under control too. I can't believe how much growth she has made over the weekend!!!


This look scares me! How does she already have attitude? I have NO CLUE where she gets it from. ;)


She will still gag on some foods, especially the chicken puree (but it tastes gross so I can't blame her), but she is starting to learn how to chew. I'm so dang proud of her!! She's not my lil' baby anymore, she's a big girl!

The weather has been nice lately so we decided to take Kaylynn outside in our sideyard to play on our grass now that the winter grass has fully grown in. She really enjoys being outside and had fun petting the grass. I'm hoping we can spend even more time outside this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love how you guys are gearing up to be outside and we are heading in for the winter:)

    ReplyDelete