Halloween finally arrived. I was so excited to show KK off to our neighbors and have her trick or treat. We had been practicing and getting her hyped up for it. Unfortunately, as with all things toddler related, it didn't go as planned. KK just wasn’t interested. She wanted nothing to do with trick or treating and everything to do with eating M&Ms. She couldn't figure out why she had to go to other people's houses when we had plenty of candy in our bowl.
I (forced) KK to at least give it a whirl. Here goes nothing...
We only went to 4 houses total. The first house was our next door neighbor who has a daughter KK’s age, along with a newborn. Turns out they weren't celebrating Halloween (probably because of the hectic timing of a newborn) and were caught off guard by us showing up at their door in costumes. The adults chit chatted and the girls played in the yard. Apparently KK's boots were a bit slippery and she ended up falling backwards off the slide and onto the cement. I honestly do not know how she did not get seriously hurt. She started crying outta control and when I finally calmed her down I realized that she was crying because she dropped her troll doll, not because she fell. Figures.
By house #2 she was kind of scared (the lady was wearing a vampire costume). By the third house she was saying “daddy house” which means “home.” I made her try one more house, but she wouldn't go up to the door. I figured that was a sign and so we headed home. I wanted video of the night so I made KK trick or treat at our house so I could Flip it.
She went to knock on the door and Ty opened it at the same time and in came KK. Face first. Candy everywhere. It was such a travesty ya know, spilling candy and such. Here is a small video of how the night started...and ended. Most of the video is me trying to get KK to say "trick or treat" or "Happy Halloween." The rest of the video is pretty dark. If you want a good chuckle, wait until the end. I got one "spill" on video.
We gave up at that point and she helped me greet the trick or treaters instead.
Even though KK wasn't into Halloween this year, I still enjoyed making my house spooky and seeing the smiles on the kids faces!
I (forced) KK to at least give it a whirl. Here goes nothing...
Trying to figure out the flashlight (which was apparently more important than getting candy).
We only went to 4 houses total. The first house was our next door neighbor who has a daughter KK’s age, along with a newborn. Turns out they weren't celebrating Halloween (probably because of the hectic timing of a newborn) and were caught off guard by us showing up at their door in costumes. The adults chit chatted and the girls played in the yard. Apparently KK's boots were a bit slippery and she ended up falling backwards off the slide and onto the cement. I honestly do not know how she did not get seriously hurt. She started crying outta control and when I finally calmed her down I realized that she was crying because she dropped her troll doll, not because she fell. Figures.
By house #2 she was kind of scared (the lady was wearing a vampire costume). By the third house she was saying “daddy house” which means “home.” I made her try one more house, but she wouldn't go up to the door. I figured that was a sign and so we headed home. I wanted video of the night so I made KK trick or treat at our house so I could Flip it.
She went to knock on the door and Ty opened it at the same time and in came KK. Face first. Candy everywhere. It was such a travesty ya know, spilling candy and such. Here is a small video of how the night started...and ended. Most of the video is me trying to get KK to say "trick or treat" or "Happy Halloween." The rest of the video is pretty dark. If you want a good chuckle, wait until the end. I got one "spill" on video.
We gave up at that point and she helped me greet the trick or treaters instead.
Even though KK wasn't into Halloween this year, I still enjoyed making my house spooky and seeing the smiles on the kids faces!
We carved a LOT of pumpkins!
This sums up KK's attitude on Halloween.
"Yeah, whatever mom!"
Just give me my M&Ms!
Once I fed her some M&Ms she calmed down and posed for a picture.








That is so funny, sorry! I know it wasn't for you, but it's funny now.
ReplyDelete