The coach's name is Sara and she is awesome! She has SO much energy and is able to keep the kids attention. I don't know how she does it!
The first practice KK wasn't really following directions. She saw the big playground next to the field and wanted to play on that instead of play soccer with her friends. So it was a battle. We finally got her on the field playing and Coach Sara said "go get yourself a drink after you score a goal" and KK heard "go get yourself a TREAT." One could only imagine the disappointment on KK's face when she scored and I handed her water, not a treat. So that was yet another battle we had. All and all, KK did pretty good the first day of practice.
Start of Practice
Listening to Coach Sara
Me and Amanda showing the kids how to play
Putting their skills in action
High Five!
"I want TREAT!"
Go Team!
*******
Yesterday we had our second practice. I was smart enough to come prepared this time. We talked about playing on the playground AFTER practice and I also came with an array of "treats." At first KK wanted to hold my hand while dribbling the ball but eventually Coach Sara was able to distract her and get her to have fun so she forgot all about us. This time, after scoring a goal, we gave KK a drink of water and 1 yogurt raisin. It seemed to work. She had a great time playing and we didn't really have any battles. I hope this continues!



I just read Amanda's blog post about this and I commented about KK being in one of the pictures. I thought that was her! They're so cute!
ReplyDelete