October 4, 2011

Playoffs!

I was so excited when the Dbacks made the playoffs, and even more excited when I was able to buy tickets!  Ty and  I had never been to a playoff game before and so we were very excited to go and take KK with us!



We went to Game 3 of the NLDS, which was the first home game of the series.  The Dbacks were down 0-2 in a best of 5 game series, so it was a "win or go home" game.

Besides paying an arm and a leg for parking, the entire experience was amazing.  I was actually surprised it wasn't pure chaos downtown.  As we got to the game, we went straight to our seats.  I ended up buying the nosebleed seats by the kid play area because there was NO way I was going to leave the game early and I needed an escape route in case KK started getting fussy.


KK immediately wanted out of her seat.  We hadn't even gotten to the National Anthem and she was saying "all done mommy."  I knew we were in trouble, so I whipped out my emergency "tool" (lollipop) and she changed her attitude and wanted to sit still.


KK was really into the game and loved clapping and shaking her pom pom.  The game ended up being very exciting with lots of hits, home runs and even a grand slam!


 


KK kept on seeing Baxter on the jumbotron and was calling his name throughout the game.  Sure enough it worked!  He came to our section.




During the 7th inning, Kaylynn was getting restless...


...so we went to see Bobby Freeman, the organist, and sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" with Baxter and the Rallybacks.  KK and daddy even ended up on the Jumbotron for quite some time but stupid me wasn't quick enough to snap a picture, and when I finally got the camera out, the guy in front of me wouldn't move so I could take a picture.  :(

We also played in the kid area.  Next year hopefully she'll be big enough to play in the big playground!


The Dbacks ended up winning that game, along with game 4 but lost in game 5.  Even though they didn't make it to the NLCS, I'm VERY proud of them!






I hope Kaylynn had as much fun as we did.  It sure looks like it to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment