October 2, 2011

Papa and Grandma Visit

Ty's dad and stepmom visited for a short weekend.  KK wanted to show them her favorite play spot so we headed to Jambo Park on Saturday morning for some fun. 


KK went on some rides like a big girl.


Attempted to play mini golf...although Ty did more golfing.  

KK was only interested in the safari animals.

She played on the jungle gym.

She went bolwing with Grandma.



Of course, she had to go on the choo choo.

Last, she went on a robotic giraffe ride. 

She is getting to be so much fun.  I feel like our tantrums are dying down with her increased vocabulary.  She's still not talking sentences but she can put a few words together.  Most importantly, she is finally starting to understand us and the consequences we give her for not following directions.  It took a few rough nights of us sticking to our guns to follow through on the consequence, but she seems to be much better at not testing us. 
*********
In other news, I woke up to KK's voice on Saturday morning saying "daddy go?"  Our bedroom door was closed but the voice seemed awfully loud.  I opened our bedroom door to go grab her out of the crib and she is just chilling in the family room walking around.  Her bedroom door was shut.  I was totally caught off guard and was looking all over the house to see if possibly grandma or papa got her out of the crib, or if there was a stranger in our house.  I asked KK how she got out and she was being quiet because she thought she was in trouble.  I put her in her crib and asked her how she got out and she demonstrated for us.  I was impressed!  So during nap I was going to see if she would do it again.  Sure enough she did.  Ty heard her making noise and went into her room.  She was sitting on the floor putting lotion on her arms.  That night we decided to move her dresser so that she wouldn't have anything to help her climb out.  Immediately she screamed "move dresser back!"  We did not.  She continued to scream and so we asked if she wanted to sleep on the floor and she said yes.  So I laid down some blankets and her pillow wondering how the night would be.  I heard her playing in there and about an hour later it was silent.  I peeked in her room and she had her head on the pillow and blanket over her...sound asleep.  When it was time for her to wakeup the next morning she was in the same position.  Looks like it's time for a big girl bed!  I was hoping to wait until Christmas but looks like she has made the decision for us.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny! Well, it's funny because she didn't hurt herself getting out of the crib. But it's funny nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete