July 5, 2011

New Summer, New Ballpark

Tyson and I have a tradition of visiting a new ballpark every summer. Together we have seen:
  • Chase Field (home of the Arizona Diamondbacks)
  • Petco Park (home of the San Diego Padres)
  • Angel Stadium (home of the Anaheim Angels...yes, I still call them that)
  • Fenway Park (home of the Boston Red Sox)
  • Nationals Park (home of the Washington Nationals)
  • Camden Yards (home of the Baltimore Oriels)
...and...our newest addition...
  • AT&T Park (home of the San Francsico Giants)
Another tradition we have is that we both buy a souvenir at every stadium, and we MUST root for that team, no matter what. We also try to get a photo in front of the stadium. Unfortunately this photo came out dark...

...but this one turned out pretty good.


Our seats were in the arcade by McCovey Cove.



So we turn around and see this...

look to the right and see this...

(Love this scoreboard picture...I like looking at the clocks in stadiums)

and our view of the field is this.

Once the sun went down, the wind came up and it was absolutely FREEZING outside. We got some adult hot chocolates but it didn't help much so I bought a panda hat. That thing was warm! Pablo Sandoval's nickname is "Panda" hence the panda hat.



This stadium was absolutely gorgeous. Such an amazing view. It's definitely on the top of my favorites list. In addition to the above, I've also been to Dodgers Stadium, Wrigley and Shea.

On our way out of the stadium we checked out Willie Mays plaza and Ty captured this cool picture. The camera was on the wrong setting but it turned out neat. Believe it or not, it was completely dark outside!


I cannot wait to go back to AT&T Park when we go see the A's stadium! I will most definitely sneak in both stadiums next trip.

Ty still was not feeling well so we ended up coming home early. To sum up our trip, in 6 days we drove nearly 2000 miles between Phoenix and San Francisco and spent on average 4 hours in the car 5 out of the 6 days. KK did amazing in the car (thanks to the DVD player!). We hit some major traffic which really slowed down our travels but it sure was a fun week. We were all glad to be home and have a couple days to relax before the work week started again.

No comments:

Post a Comment