July 29, 2011

It's a BOY!!!

I'm happy to announce that we are expanding our family. Now don't get too excited, we aren't adding another baby...we are adding a puppy! It's been almost 2 years since we've lost Rocky and I've been wanting a second dog. The pound was running a special because the kennels were overcrowded so we decided to look. We looked...we fell in love...we won a raffle...and we brought home Tiko!

I waited a while to share the news because I wasn't sure how we'd be able to handle a puppy, but so far so good. He uses the doggie door and hasn't chewed anything yet. I also wasn't sure how he'd get along with Pepper (our other dog) and if he'd like kids. Luckily, KK just loves him. They are best buds. When they aren't playing KK is walking around saying "Tiko go?" "Tiko PLAY!" "Tiko Tiko Tiko!!" Initially we named him Nieko but KK kept saying Pico and it drove us nuts so we changed it to Tiko (which happens to be a Dora character).

It's been about 2 weeks now and besides a trip to the vet because of kennel cough, he's doing just great and fits in perfectly with our family. I love my new little snuggle bug. AND I finally have my BOY!!!

3 comments: