I drove to Cali to drop KK off and while we were there, we got to celebrate Carson's 2nd birthday! It was such a fun party. KK loved their new backyard with all the big kid toys.


After the party, I headed back to Phoenix. It was such a nice drive. Just me, my music and the windows rolled down. When I got home (at 10pm) I decided that we should go have a beer...because we COULD! We could both leave the house at 10pm at night! It was such an awesome feeling. I seriously felt like a kid (and probably acted like one all week).
Even though I had to work all week, we filled up every single day/night with a fun activity that we don't have the opportunity to do anymore. We went bowling with friends, went to the driving range to hit balls and went to happy hour every single day. I got to eat crappy (yet yummy) food and enjoy a cocktail without having to look at my watch or wonder how much longer before KK melts down. It was splendid.
On Friday, we had to head back to Cali to pick up KK. We decided to stop off at our friend's house (Kyle & Val) for one last bang! Hey, if you're gonna go, go big right? That's exactly what we did. Val rented a cabana at the Agua Calliente Pool Party and we did it big. Several other friends met up with us and we had the time of our life. We drank (shout out to Crater Lake Vodka...seriously...so yummy...and no hangover!), we danced, we swam and we had the best night ever. We didn't end up getting back to Val's until after 3am but it was well worth it. Thank you Kyle and Val for showing us a great time!!
The Dales, Moreheads and Sylvias
Saturday morning we went to my mom's to pick up KK and she was so happy to see us. KK sure wasn't very happy about leaving Mimi's house. When we got back into Phoenix she refused to get out of the carseat and kept on asking to go back to Mimi's house. I'm glad they had fun!
BIG thanks to my mom for letting us be kids again. I hope we can do it again next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment