June 29, 2011

Food Fight

Lately, and by lately, I mean these past few months, KK is on a food strike. Sometimes all she'll eat in one full day is 1 blueberry muffin. Sometimes the only thing she'll eat all day is a bag of goldfish. She refuses veggies which she used to love. She's not a fan of fruit anymore. She refuses to try anything, even if we tell her it's yummy. No kidding, I couldn't even get her to try chocolate pudding! We've been having a food fight for months. I'm so ready for this phase to be over. Every day for dinner I offer her a veggie, protein and carb. Most of the time she refuses all 3. I am stubborn and put her to bed without food. I figure if she's hungry she'll eat...and if she's just being a brat she'll hopefully learn that she won't get nuggets every night for dinner. I am trying so hard to do what I think is right and what I think is teaching her a lesson but I feel like I'm failing. So after a few days of her refusing dinner (and going to bed hungry) I resort to nuggets or cup o noodles. I'm hoping she'll eventually give in...but in the meantime, here is what I get at the dinner table.


2 comments:

  1. I think you're doing the right thing, but I know it must be really hard! She will eat when she's hungry, that's for sure. I understand wanting to teach her healthy eating habits too. I read somewhere that we shouldn't force them to eat (like finish their plates) when they say they are full and the same article talked about making the plate LOOK colorful and appetizing. My friend's blog Mom Endeavors features some muffin tin meals that are themed...maybe you could give that a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Nais is entering that phase.

    ReplyDelete