December 8, 2010

Zoo Lights

We attended Zoo Lights again this year. Last year KK didn't fully enjoy the experience, but this year she took it all in.


The Niedzialeks (Justin, Sara and Charley) and the Ghaemmaghamis (Vafa, Amanda and Naison) joined us. Try saying those last names 10 times fast. Shoot, try once! I have rad friends with even radder last names.


This picture says it all


Amanda brought the Radio Flyer so we strapped the kids in and wheeled it around the zoo. Best makeshift stroller ever!



We got to the area with the monkey lights and KK was very excited. She kept on saying "ooooh ooooh ahhh" and even when we tried to take a family picture she was pointing to the monkeys making "ooooh ahhhhs."



They had a neat light show too. KK sat on daddy's shoulders, Nais sat in the wagon and Charley enjoyed the show from her stroller.

Here is a video of it. It's pretty dark but in the middle you can see KK dancing to the music.

Amanda spoiled the kids by getting them glow sticks. KK and Nais were having a glow stick light war.

Before we left we hit up Sting Ray Bay. Despite my fear of sea creatures, I decided that I wanted to touch a sting ray. As one brushed against my hand I proceeded to scream like a little girl and ran away from the pool. KK wasn't such a wussy. Her and daddy patiently waited for the sting rays to come to them. (I might have shoved my arm into the tank chasing them because I lack patience).

After Sting Ray Bay, we took one more loop around the lights while the kids escaped the wagon...

...and then off we went because it was way past bed time.

Despite a minor meltdown when we passed by the polar bear plunge slide (I didn't let her ride it because there would be no end to the $3 rides), and refusal to stay put in the wagon, KK was pretty well behaved.

KK walking with her daddy. Absolute cuteness.

In other blogging news, Ty surprised me with an early Christmas gift, a subscription to my favorite website, Picnik! I use this site to upload photos and make collages for the blog. Now that I'm a "member" I'm able to use the premium features. I'm not quite ready to dive deep into Picnik, but I did play around a little bit. Check out what we all have to look forward to.

Fun with photos!

Thank you SO much Ty. It was exactly what I needed.

3 comments:

  1. that is so cute with the santa hats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Williams a rad name too? I guess it goes with the Cunningham group. Oh well! Hopefully I'm still a rad friend. It's fun to read how you describe something and then how Amanda does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a subscription. But Paul would have no idea

    ReplyDelete