December 24, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas

I'm trying really hard to start (and keep) traditions. Ty and I both grew up with similar traditions, so it makes it easy to pass them down to KK.

A tradition we started last year was feeding the reindeer on Christmas Eve. This year we had KK feed the reindeer. Surprisingly, she got the hang of it.


After KK put the reindeer food in the front yard, she wrote a letter to Santa. We tried to explain to her that she needed to leave Santa some cookies and write him a nice letter. Instead, she ate the cookie. Oh well. Her letter was so cute though!! We then had her walk her letter over to the stockings and leave it on the ground for Santa to see.


We also attempted to make a gingerbread house. I found a kit in my box of decos and even though it was several years old, I decided to give it a whirl. The frosting was rock hard and the gingerbread smelled terrible, but we got creative, used some water and managed to put this together.

To finish off the night, we read Twas the Night Before Christmas that my dad and stepmom got for KK last year. She was actually very patient throughout the story and even sat in daddy's lap afterwards while he explained how/why Santa was coming.

Santa has some work to do tonight, so off to bed I go. Here is a sneak peak at her loot (Dora bike).


No comments:

Post a Comment