December 20, 2010

Cookie Time

Daycare had a special treat for the kids last week. Each kid got to decorate a cookie with their parent. I thought about skipping it because I wasn't sure how I felt about the whole sweets thing, but I thought it could be a fun task for KK and I so we participated.

I, of course, forgot my camera, but captured a few pictures on my phone.


I wanted her to decorate the cookie and take it home (and throw it away) but the minute she accidently tasted the frosting, it was over. I couldn't be that parent who wouldn't let their kid eat the cookie, so I caved. Regretfully so.

It was all good until I told her it was time to go. Then I had THIS to deal with the entire commute home. Once again, this is EXACTLY why I don't let her eat sweets. She doesn't understand why she can't have more not to mention the fact that she was wired and wouldn't go to bed that night.

3 comments:

  1. dude. we are so lucky somehow miraculously we avoided this with evan until he was like 5! i don't know how! it's all over now, of course, but man, i don't miss those car rides.. not fun for kids or parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gemma gets wound up after sweeta like when we did the cookie decoarting. But I let her run it off and then she is back to normal soon after. Next time have her do a few laps first :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny! I love the car pictures but would have hated to be there!

    ReplyDelete