April 25, 2011

Easter - Sylvia Style

Easter morning started off pretty early. KK was up at about 5am but mommy didn't get out of bed until 6'something. This child is not sleeping lately. Not sure if it's because it's lighter in the mornings or what but OMG, SLEEP CHILD! 5am is not okay. Ever. Yet another reason I plan on keeping her caged in the crib for as long as possible. I was in a hurry to get her off the bottle and paci, but I'm in no hurry to get her in the big girl bed.

When I finally got my lazy butt out of bed I made some pancakes and we all enjoyed a nice family breakfast. Then it was time for some fun.

Ty and I are always looking to start new traditions. 2 years ago, even though KK was only a couple months old, we had an Easter Egg hunt for her. Last year she kind of got the hang of it, but it was still a struggle. This year KK really enjoyed finding the eggs and putting them in her basket. The Easter Bunny thought s/he did a good job at hiding the eggs, but KK found them in about 20 seconds flat. Whoops.

Amazingly KK was more interested in finding the eggs than opening her basket. The Easter Bunny filled up her basket with lots of goodies including a stuffed bunny from grandma and grandpa Easter Bunny and a Dora watch from Mimi Easter Bunny.



She is seriously turning into such a little diva, despite my wishes.


After the egg hunt KK asked to go swimming ("agua pool" to be exact) so we spent the rest of the morning in the pool.

After nap we headed to my boss Veronica's house for dinner. KK played in the backyard for a bit but she was more interested in eating the skittles that were on the table. I am learning how to let go a little bit, and I allowed her to eat the candy. Then when it was time to go she freaked out because she couldn't have anymore candy. In my mind I was thinking, this is EXACTLY why I don't give her candy! It's easier for me to say no initially then it is to say no after she's already tasted it and wants more. She was on quite the sugar high the rest of the day but luckily she went down just fine.


I hope everyone had a great Easter too!

1 comment:

  1. thats what Nais does with candy too... and then he says "deee" for like 10 min.

    ReplyDelete