April 16, 2011

Easter Egg Hunt

Amanda told me that her mom's club was having an egg hunt. One of my friends from high school (also named Amanda) is in the same mom's club. Small world, huh? Since I hadn't seen her in about a decade, I thought I'd crash the party. I dressed KK in the best Easter looking dress that I had and headed on over to Paradise Lane Park.

KK, Nais and Chase had lots of fun snacking on all the goodies. KK loved the donut holes. She insisted on having a black one (chocolate), and a white one (powder sugar) in each hand.


The kids got to decorate their own bags and then search for eggs in the park. KK was a little slow and only found 2 eggs, but she totally got the idea of spotting an egg, picking it up and putting it in her basket!



After the egg hunt, the kids played on the playground. That had to come to an end when a rattlesnake slivered it's way through the park. That sucker was huge!!


After the snake went back into the wilderness, the kids went to town at the splash pad. I'm telling you, these are the best inventions ever! None of us had packed accordingly, so they all went naked with a saggy diaper. Guess that means I'll have to keep a swimmer and bathing suit in my trunk for times like this.


It was so fun to hang out with both Amandas. I was surprised how well the kids got along. Hopefully we will get to meet up soon!

Me and the Amandas



1 comment: