February 14, 2011

Non-Commuter

KK hasn't really enjoyed her carseat since she has turned 1. In July, I started taking her to daycare up by my work. At first it was nice because I could take the carpool lane and get some extra time with my girl. I soon realized just how NOT fun riding in the car with her is. It takes about 30 minutes to get to her school and then I have about another 20 minutes before I get to work. I've mentioned before that she screams, lots, on the commute to and from work. I feel like it's been getting worse and worse and worse. Ritz used to hold her off for a while, but that doesn't work so much anymore. I've tried toys/books but her attention span is only a few minutes. I've tried the Wiggles CD too. That will last about 1 song but then she gets upset because I cannot figure out WHAT song she wants to hear. She just yells "WIGGLES" over an over again. Ty downloaded a "best of" CD on iTunes and she only likes 1 1/2 songs. For my own sanity, I decide to tune her out on turn on some booty shaking music. Weezy = Happy Mama. Wiggles = Not Happy Mama. I probably get about 1 good day per week of her not crying to/from daycare, but usually at least one way is bad. Most days are tolerable but then there are the bad ones. Ohhhhh, the bad ones. I decided to bring along the Flip one day last week thinking reverse psychology would work. She seems to quit doing everything the minute I hold up that camera, but unfortunately, it didn't work so well here. So without futher ado, here is a glimpse into my daily commute. Granted, not all days are like this, but when they are, man oh man, my commute is the opposite of fun.



2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. I let Gemma bring a toy from home in the car. And she always has her sunglasses which make her happy. SOrry I don't have more ideas. Usually she is ok if I talk to her the whole time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Time drags by when they are upset. I like how the shoe, sock, and bracelet all came off...fun for when you finally stop. Maybe she'd like a flashlight?

    ReplyDelete