Everyone asks where I came up with her nickname KK and I really don't have an answer. Her middle name is Marie, so it's not because of that. I called her "Munch" for a little while because she was such a little munchkin (and still is), but that didn't stick very long. Then one day while sitting on the couch (I think I was on maternity leave, so Kaylynn had to be less than 6 weeks old) I was just chatting away with her and KK slipped out my mouth. Ty and I looked at each other and from then on, we just started calling her KK. I'll admit, it's MUCH easier to type KK than Kaylynn, so I think that is why I call her KK so much on this blog. But in person I call her both.
Over the past year I have met other Kaitlyn's/Kaylynn's at the museum, at parks or through friends and almost every single one of them has "KK" as a nickname. Just tonight my friend messaged me on Facebook saying her mom's name was Kay Lynn and they call her KK. I remember being at the train park and I heard someone say "Kaylynn" so I turned around and saw that some parent was talking to their own child. Then her brother called her KK, so I stopped the parent and asked if his daughter's name was Kaylynn and if her nickname was KK and sure enough, it was. I think he thought I was a crazy stalker because he didn't find it as cool as I did. It amazes me how common her nickname is because I thought I was being so creative.
So that's it, the story behind her nickname. Nothing fancy, nothing interesting, it just came out one day.
I love the nickname.
ReplyDeleteBecause of my last names a high school teacher once called me kk and people at work sometimes call me kk.
Its catchy!
OK, OK, or should I say KK...I'm all for the no nicknames too! I don't want Fletcher to be called Fletch, but I'm sure it will happen at some point and stick. He has a few extended relatives that call him that and it drives me crazy. I just bite my tongue because they are old and I don't want to be rude. I figured you were just saying KK on the blog to keep it short. Sometimes I write FDW. At least you don't say a bad word when you play the name game. :)
ReplyDeleteI thought KK was so creative. I would never have guessed other Kaylynn's also go by KK. Either way, I love it
ReplyDeleteMy niece is Katelyn- and also a KK. She has no idea how that came about either- one of her friends just started calling her KK, and it stuck! Syd loves it- it is one of the few 'names' she can actually say. Guess she'll be all set if our two kiddos ever meet up! :-)
ReplyDelete