We rented an RV and rode in style to my mom's house. KK was pretty well behaved (that could be because of the TV on board).


After dropping KK off, we enjoyed a long technology and kid free weekend of snowboarding, adult beverages, hot tubbing and relaxation. It was so nice not getting cell phone service in Big Bear because that meant no texting, no emails and no Facebook. Not to mention no TV. But the best part you may ask...no kid! I never once had to look at the clock or worry about naps or schedule. For the first time in over two years, I could go at my own pace and do exactly as I wished for 2 whole days. If I wanted to sleep in until noon, I could. Although I woke up between 6-7am every day. I didn't have to look at the clock all weekend. I never knew that was such a luxury...at least in my eyes. It felt like an actual vacation! I love KK, but man, that was one of the best weekends I've had in years!
We arrived around midnight on Thursday night (so...Friday morning). Ty, Shelli and I stayed up until 3am. Why? Because we could. Because we knew we could nap the next day and wake up at any time we wanted. Because we didn't have any responsibilities. Friday morning we woke up and hit the slopes. We then cooked dinner in our cabin, played games, enjoyed the hot tub and went to bed.
We woke up in the morning to this...
LOTS of snow (28" to be exact). Our RV was buried. But it was a winter wonderland. I made snow angels, threw snowballs at Vafa and soaked in the beauty of the snow. It pretty much snowed all day and since we were snowed in, we spent most of the day snowboarding. By the end of the day, the car parked in the driveway disappeared under the snow. I hadn't seen this much snow since my days in Michigan. They were predicting another 2 feet that night but luckily they were wrong. Otherwise we may not have gotten home on time.
Shelli and I hung out at the lodge and kicked back a few beers while we watched the competitors of War of the Rails practice. Apparently skiing is making a comeback to the "hip" young folk. I felt like it was the 90's all over again. Neon colors. Baggy pants (yes, these kids were sagging ski/snowboarding pants). Skis. There was also a fundraiser for a local kid named Nigel who was suffering from spinal cancer. It really put things in perspective for me. Maybe I should complain a little less about KK's health because it could be a LOT worse.
Nigel and his dad
Anyways, it was a great trip with great friends. We plan on making this an annual trip but next year we plan on brining the kids and putting them in lessons. I cannot wait to see KK on skis!







No comments:
Post a Comment