June 21, 2010

Zip Lining at Los Veranos



I was feeling adventurous and wanted to go zip lining while in Mexico, but nobody else seemed all that eager to go...except for my mom! So we headed out for an hour long journey (via bus) to Los Veranos.

Luckily Mario was an entertaining bus driver so the drive wasn't too bad.

The tour guides were hysterical, super fun and very friendly.

Here we go!

We started the tour with a short line so we could get our action photo...

...then we continued to do several short lines across the jungle like atmosphere.


Then about half way through we did 3 very long, very high lines across a huge canyon with a river running through it. Luckily we were last in line, so we got some extra attention from the guides and I got to have some fun. When the guides went with me on my trip across the line, I got to let go of my hands and essentially hang by my harness and fly like a bird (upside down)! It was so amazing. So amazing. Then after the guides realized I wasn't scared, they started having me hang, hands free, and they were spinning me in circles. Such a rush!

After our tour ended, we had a shot of tequila (hey, the sign told me to!)...


...got serenaded...

...enjoyed some brewskis and some amazing bacon wrapped mango shrimp (and I don't typically eat shrimp but it was delish)...

...held snakes...

and played with spider monkeys!

It was SO much fun. I'd totally recommend this place to anyone who visits Puerto Vallarta.

My only suggestion is to bring Off! Apparently I missed the whole "please bring bug repellent" disclaimer because I got eaten up! Living in Phoenix, I kind of forget that mosquitos exist.

2 comments:

  1. go kirst! and go kirst's mama! how fun!

    i want to do THAT ziplining tour! top it off with tequila and brewskis and animal time - yes please! funny thing is, when we went to puerto vallarta, i got to hold a spider monkey, too! in las caletas, where our friends got married. crazy how lush the jungle is there, huh? we heard all kinds of sounds.. monkeys, jaguars..crazy loud insects.. awesome. :)

    also normally bugs don't eat me up, but there in puerto vallarta i got eated alive, too! and not just little baby mosquito welts - like 4 inch diameter orange-sized swellings that wouldn't stop itching. definitely need the anti-itch cream. same thing happened in hawaii when pete and i went on a hike through the bamboo forest. i think tropical mosquitos are more potent. :) i got a few bites from the lake when we visited you guys (while waiting on the dock, i think) and they were NOTHING like the ones in pv or hawaii. no fun! but beer makes it all better.

    this looks like so much fun!!! if i ever go to pv again, i'm doing this exact tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go! We did it in Hawaii and it was such a blast but there wasn't any tequila or cute monkeys :*

    ReplyDelete