May 16, 2010

Oh So Pleasant

We took Kaylynn out for her first boating adventure today with the Ghaemmaghamis. Naison stayed at his grandparents while us 5 went to Lake Pleasant.


I wasn't sure how KK would handle everything but daddy made sure to comfort her through the first part. It took only about 10 seconds before she decided she was game and ready for some fun in the sun!



The weather was beautiful, but the water was still chilly. It was 69 degrees, so that meant there was zero chance I was getting in without my wetsuit. All four of us went wakeboarding first thing. Vafa was amazing; jumping the wake like it was nothing.


I went next and managed to land a mini jump. And by mini, I mean like 1 inch. Typically I catch an edge and spill, but this time I was able to land it. I'm so excited to try again when it's less choppy!


By the time Tyson went, the lake was super choppy, so he showed off his stamina like a champ!


Amanda tried for the first time and got so close to getting up! We were so proud of her! I bet next time we go, she'll be able to get up with no problem.


While we were all wakeboarding, Kaylynn was loving the job as flag girl assistant. She was so VERY mellow, which is NOT her, and just chilled on our laps.


Come lunch time, KK was all about the watermelon! That's all she ate!!!


We had a very early start to the lake and ended up calling it quits around noon. Then we went home so KK could nap and then later Ghaemmaghamis decided to head to our side of town for some sushi! We went to our favorite place, Pan Asia. I let KK try a California roll and I'm not sure how she felt about it.

Again - iPhone pic

I branched out and tried the tuna tataki. It was delish! It's probably my new fave!

All and all, it was a fabulous day! I'm looking forward to many more with the Ghaemmaghamis!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! I love the itty bitty life jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell who's in the video, but if that's you, you did pretty darn well! I'd be where Amanda was the whole time. That's where I was when I tried water skiing with Corey and Sarah on a lake here in NC.

    ReplyDelete