August 7, 2011
OMG
I've been behind on blogging because I've been having technical difficulties. I'd try to upload pictures onto the blog but my computer would freeze. I ended up transferring all my pictures to an external hard drive after my last computer issue and have been using that hard drive ever since. Well sure enough, after 4 months of having this external hard drive, it decided to kick the bucket. I thought we'd be able to recover the photos but the geeks at the Genius Bar said we are SOL. So just like that *poof* every single picture I have ever taken is gone. All of them. I guess that is what I get for keeping all my pictures on a single external hard drive and not in several places. Lesson learned. Back up your computer to more than one external hard drive. I can't believe they are all gone. KK's birth. Our vacations. Our family photos. Everything. Gone. I'm super bummed to say the least.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm still dealing with our issues from the "placing all pics on one external hard drive" incident in February of '09. It's not fun, but luckily Best Buy Geek Squad (for a fee of course) was able to send off our computer and recover a bunch of them. The hard drive, no, but the ones deleted from the computer after transferring to the hard drive. It's been a jumbled mess I've been working to fix ever since. Now, we have them on that computer (which we're trying to clear and get rid of), the external hard drive, we're transfering them to our new Mac, we have them copied on CD, and I upload everything to Shutterfly. Sorry to hear about your situation. I sobbed for days because of the pictures and videos we had lost!
ReplyDelete